Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Dr. Laura Say It"

O.K., I was just talking to sister Heidi and I told her a story regarding Anders and his using the word Damn. She said that I really should blog this one. (Yes I'm going to write the whole word out in this entry.) We've almost eliminated the word completely although every once in a while he'll decide to say it and see our reaction. Very enduring....

So, one day I'm driving in the car and listening to Dr. Laura on the radio. I usually have her on if I'm in the car between 12:00 and 3:00. I know that Anders can hear the radio but I didn't think he paid much attention to it.
At one point in the show, Dr. Laura used the word Damn. Immediately Anders laughs and says "Damn-it! Dr. Laura say it!!" Oh darn.... I didn't even know he knew Dr. Laura's name! 

Now when he says that word I say "How about using some nice words instead" (happy cheery voice). So Anders says loudly "darn-it, shoot, poopy cow!"  Hmmm, I guess I need to continue working on what "nice" words are.
Oh, and I probably need to work on curtailing my own exclamations!

1 comment:

Will De Hart said...

Such a funny story. Last week, Sam belched at a nice restaurant. I was so embarrassed. My reaction was worse than the belch.