Thursday, December 4, 2008

Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments


Today we made a visit to Michael's and picked up some craft glue and ribbon and then headed over to Albertson's to pick up a jar of applesauce and some cinnamon. Today was the day to try out a craft I found on this web site. 
It really was a fun project and now my whole house is permeated with the lovely smell of cinnomon. Did you know that allegedly cinnamon is an aphrodisiac? All I know is that is smells like Christmas and it makes me really happy! I should just wear one of these little gems around my neck and take a long whiff if I feel a little low.


You will need

- Applesauce
- Cinnamon
- Craft Glue
- Christmas Cookie Cutters
- Ribbon

Mix equal parts applesauce and cinnamon and add 1 tsp. of craft glue for every cup of applesauce. If the dough is too wet to role out (I had this problem) then add more cinnamon. You can also add nutmeg and/or cloves for more fragrance. YUM!  I actually had to use a smidgen of flour to roll out the dough and I don't know if this will affect the final outcome. Then roll out the dough and use your favorite cookie cutters to make ornaments. Let the "cookies" dry for a few days and harden up. 


**Next Day Update** this morning my whole apartment smelled like cinnamon and the "cookies" are setting up!


No comments: